New Web Exhibit on Center Market

In 1797, President George Washington designated two acres in the heart of Washington City for use as a public marketplace.¬†For the next 134 years, Center Market was a Washington D.C. landmark on Pennsylvania Avenue, until it was demolished in 1931 to make way for the National Archives Building. The National Archives History Office has produced … Continue reading New Web Exhibit on Center Market